Saturday 5 September 2015

His Favourite Firsts

I thought it would be a neat idea to follow up my last post with a similar one but reflect from Ben’s point of view as opposed to mine! We sat together and I took down everything he was saying and describing about this last month of marriage so here it is, “His Favourite Firsts:”

  1. Waking up to Her
I absolutely love waking up and seeing her beautiful face. I love actually waking up and rolling over beside her and knowing that she is still there. It is kind of like waking up to somebody and feeling like you’re wanted. Because even though I may snore and steal the blankets and what not, she still sleeps beside because she loves me. And waking up is like, I don’t know how to explain it. It is kind of like waking up beside your best friend, but that is a weird way of describing it. It’s like being welcomed right at the beginning of the day. Similar to a hug or smile in the middle of the day, but in the morning. Seeing her there is like a good cup of coffee, it is exactly what I needed.

  1. Paying the bills
Bills and I have a love/hate relationship. I hate is because it is bills, and I love it because I know that I have someone to take care of, and to watch over and to love. It is nice feeling like a man that Madi can rely on. It is also a great lesson to be learning. It has been helping me respect money more, I do not waste it, nor fool around. One day we look forward to blessing others with that money we have saved and not wasted. I think it is something that truly separates the men from the boys.

  1. Making supper together
I love making supper together because It is nice to know that it is our house and that it is our stuff to eat. It is also nice that we get to do it together, it is our home. It also goes along with paying our bills because it makes me feel accomplished to “help out” in that way. Its fun exploring too and making new recipes together! It is exciting to watch different ingredients and different things come together and make something awesome, which is also like us!

  1. Going out on dates
Going out on dates is definitely a favourite first because it is different when you’re married. When you date someone your always trying to impress them but it is different when you’re married because you’re not trying to win them over anymore. I know that she is mine and I am hers and that is very special. We can just  enjoy our time and love each other without feeling like we are slowly losing, because we know now, that we have already won. It is also nice because we don’t have to go to expensive restaurants anymore, we can enjoy a nice walk in the park and grab ice cream on the way home. We can just sit and chat and laugh with each other and it is a date.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I do spoil Madi quite often but we are constantly striving towards enjoying each other’s company more than materialistic ‘things.’

Marriage in itself has been stressful, marriage has been overwhelming and has been a bumpy road, but I wouldn’t change it for the world. The love that we have together is much stronger than any struggle and our God is always in control and he continues to bless us each day with new adventure. I couldn’t have asked for a better friend, a better soulmate, and a better partner. I love her! (most end of conversation).

Sending love,
Benjamin Robert


Isn’t he sweet as pie? I think so too.














1 comment:

  1. You remind me so of Jay and I, thus I find you adorable ;) God has really placed you on my heart to pray for. Know you are covered <3

    ReplyDelete