Friday 4 September 2015

Her Favourite Firsts

Well hello again,

It’s been a while, what was SOO important that I had to be away from all your beautiful faces? Nothing really…

I only GOT MARRIED.



Yes, it was glorious, perfect, like a dream. It was everything I could have ever expected and more. The things that ‘went wrong’ didn’t matter, and still don’t. The day was priceless, clinging to my husband, surrounded by family, praising Jesus.

Now, we have been married a total 1 month and 1 week (39 days total). Marriage is AWESOME. It’s something I could never explain through words. So here it is, some of my “Favourite Firsts:”

  1. Waking up to Him
I know right? So cliche… but it is so incredibly true! Alarm’s suck, let’s face it, not one person enjoys the sound of their alarm clock. Our first alarm goes off at 6:40am, Ben scrambles for his phone hidden in the bottom drawer of our dresser. He hits the sleep button (he doesn’t ever turn it off… I know, annoying right?), then he sleepily rolls over and wraps his arm around me and gives me a little squish. Oh my, this is definitely top of my list, it’s like he is still asleep but yet finds me and embraces me with pure and selfless love.

  1. Planning my daily schedule around His
Guys, It’s September! I love to look at my calendar and connect his schedule and mine. I love to see his activities and my activities and then the activities that we share together. It reminds me that we have become one, we share this life. I must say, it is an awesome reminder.
  1. Embracing our home
This is one I am still constantly working on! We went on a one week honeymoon to Cayo, Coco Cuba, then the week following we spent serving on a Native Reserve with our home church. My mom and grandma were a huge blessing, as they spent tireless hours setting up our apartment. We went back to full-time work the day after we got back and so, we dreaded having to set it up ourselves. They did an amazing job! Since coming home I have loved embracing every bit of OUR home. Fluffing pillows, washing counters, shuffling furniture (that trait comes from my momma), I love it. Knowing that in the end, it is indeed our home and we get to enjoy it and live in it together.

  1. Cooking for both of us
Another one some people may disagree with. Even though we share the cooking load, I love cooking a savory meal for Ben and I. Feeling like I am the one ‘filling’ his tummy is amazing.

It’s about to get deep…

I love to think about the exact situation and how it could relate to Christ. God must feel the same way when our hearts are fully open to him and embracing what he has in store, he is filling us up, filling our lives. That sense of accomplishment to each of our hearts must feel surreal. What an amazing grace he pours onto us each day.

In the end, there is much more that I love, and will love over the many years. Ben is my person and I am loving being his best friend everyday.

Sending Love,
Madison Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment