Monday 19 January 2015

The thing about getting Married

I said YES! October 23, 2014.




At first, I was over the moon excited... still am! But about different things. You see... It's not just a ring, it's not just a wedding. It's a significant life choice, and it is one that requires full reliance on God, much like all other choices as a Christian. At the beginning I was so excited to tell all my family and friends and to show off the giant "bling" on my finger. But as the days go on, more responsibility comes into focus. Responsibility of our future decisions, my soon-to-be spouse, and also the constant example we will be giving to others. Many small things follow these decisions like our financial situation, where we are going to live, what jobs we will hold, and where our ambitions and priorities lie. Knowing that We no longer have our Parents to fall back on. Along with the thoughts of never sleeping in the room I grew up in alone ever again and waking up to my mommas voice asking if I wanted to go for Starbucks. Thinking of all of this first of all, SCARES ME!

But with this comes so much excitement and joy. I may not have my parents, but I have my Benji boy. God blessed me with giving me a wonderful, hard working, God fearing man to provide for me and to grow with. In that, God is also consistently providing for us. Ben does his best everyday to love like Jesus did, as do I. He pridefully carries the responsibility to provide for me. He encourages me through every step and challenges me spiritually when needed. In saying this... God is breaking us, both Ben and I, and moulding us and preparing us for marriage. And ultimately THAT is the most exciting part of getting married. God's work in our lives through this next step.

We are so excited to see what else God has to teach us throughout this planning process, our wedding and in the many years to come.

We are tying The Knot July 25, 2015.

Sending Love,
Madison Mae

1 comment:

  1. madi this is absolutely beautiful <3 Reading this makes me ever more impatient for my own wedding (one day hehe) that hopefully isn't too far down the horizon! Keep being you girlie <3 :)
    katie <3

    ReplyDelete